- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
AdTraction is an affiliate marketing network that connects advertisers with publishers to promote products and services. It enables advertisers to reach a broader audience by partnering with publishers who promote their offerings on their websites or platforms, while publishers earn commissions for driving traffic, leads, or sales to the advertiser's website through their marketing efforts.
Refer to our website for the list of metrics and attributes available in Dataddo.
Authorize Connection to AdTraction
To authorize your Adtraction account, you will need an API token.
- In your Adtraction account, navigate to the Account section and continue to API.
- Create and save your API token.
- Copy the value.
- On the Authorizers page, click on Authorize New Service and select Adtraction.
- Fill in the Token provided by Adtraction.
- Rename your authorizer for easier identification and click on Save.
How to Create an AdTraction Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your account has at least admin-level permissions.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.