- 4 Minutes to read
- 4 Minutes to read
Creating integration record
In your NetSuite account navigate to Setup –> Integration -> Manage Integration -> New.
Fill in the following details:
- Name: Dataddo (Or anything else that helps you to navigate in the connections)
- Uncheck everything in the section Token-based Authentication. If it is not possible to uncheck it, please check first Client credentials in OAuth 2.0 section, then uncheck everything in the section Token-based Authentication (see picture below for the required result).
- In OAuth 2.0 section and Scope checkboxes, check all available (RESTLETS, REST WEB SERVICES, SUITEANALYTICS CONNECT).
- In OAuth 2.0 section check Client Credentials (Machine to Machine grant).
After clicking on "Save", you will be presented with Client ID and Client Secret keys. Please copy them as you will need them when entering connection data to Dataddo.
Generating RSA keys
On your machine please run the following command the generate keys. This command will create a private key auth-key.pem (this will be uploaded to Dataddo) and public key auth-cert.pem (this will be uploaded to Netsuite). To run this command you need to have instelled OpenSSL at your machine.
openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -sha256 -keyout auth-key.pem -out auth-cert.pem -nodes -days 730
Uploading public key to Netsuite
- Go to Setup > Integration > Manage Authentication > OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials (M2M) Setup.
- Click on New.
- In the Entity field, choose a user with Administrator role.
- In the Role field, choose Administrator.
- In the Application choose Dataddo (or any label that use used in the Creating integration record step). In case yo do not see any application, make sure that in the Creating integration record step you checked Client Credentials (Machine to Machine grant).
- Select the public key (auth-cert.pem) from the Generating RSA keys step.
- After clicking on Save, you will see Certificate ID. Please copy this value as you will need it when entering connection data to Dataddo.
Authorizing Netsuite at Dataddo
- In your Dataddo account click in the top-right corner and select Certificates & Tokens.
- Click on Add certificate, select RSA Private key, add Netsuite label and upload the private key (auth-key.pem) from the Generating RSA keys step.
- Navigate to Connected services and select Netsuite.
- Paste Client ID and Client Secret from Creating integration record step.
- Paste Certificate ID from Uploading public key to Netsuite step.
- Use your Netsuite Account ID.
Configuring the connector
Dataddo NetSuite connector is based on top SuiteQL language. In the first step you can Select Object and Attribute and this will auto generate a SuiteQL query, which you can check and further modify in the last step.
Object represents a Netsuite data schema from which the data will be extracted (e.g. Account, Contact, Customer, Transactions, ...). Each source in Dataddo will contain the data from a single object.
If you do not see in the list the object from which you want to extract the data (this might be due to missing permissions), please skip this step and use SuiteQL directly. Please navigate to SuiteQL explorer to see the full list of available objects.
After selecting the Object, you will be asked to select the attributes, which represent columns in the data schema (e.g. id, fullname, acctnumber, ... for the Account object). You can either set all available attribute or cherry-pick only those you actually need.
If you do not see in the list the attribute from which you want to extract the data, please skip this step and use SuiteQL directly. Please navigate to SuiteQL explorer to see the full list of available objects.
Previous steps of Selecting Object and Attributes generated a SuiteQL query, which you can modify (or completely change) in this step. For the checking availability and naming of all Netsuite objects and attributes, please use Netsuite Analytics Browser.
Increasing the amount of extracted rows
The initial extraction of the data (when configuring the source for the first time) will be always limit to 1000 rows. In case you need to increase that amount, click on Edit at any given source and in the Advanced settings tab change the Limit to the desired value.
Netsuite connection gets broken after few days
Make sure to follow the Authorization steps. Pay special attention to "Client Credentials (Machine to Machine grant)" part and make sure the checkbox is checked.
Receiving Invalid login attempt message
- Make sure to follow the Authorization steps carefully. Is it important to set all the fields and check all the boxes as described.
- Make sure to have set a correct role to the account you are trying to login with. The required role is admin.
Feel free to contact us and we will help you with the setup. To speed the process of resolving your issue, make sure you provide us with sufficient information.