- 2 Minutes to read
How To Create a Data Source
- 2 Minutes to read
How to Create a Dataset-Based Data Source
Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Sources at the top of the page.
Click on Create Source in the top right corner.
Choose the connector you would like to extract data from.
First, select the required dataset and click on Next.
NOTE: Search by name or attribute to find the dataset with your chosen attribute or metric.
From the drop-down menu, choose your Account or authorize a new account. Select any other fields if necessary, such as campaign, ads account, etc.
If you want to connect a new account that is not in the drop-down list, click on Add New Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page for the chosen service to confirm your account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
NOTE: If authorization requires an API key/token, data label, domain/subdomain, or other additional information, search the connector page in the top search bar of Dataddo Documentation site for more information.
- Choose a Name for your data source and select the Metrics and Attributes or other fields available.
NOTE: The metrics and attributes depend on the dataset you selected in the previous step. If you need different metrics and attributes, go back two steps and change the dataset.
- Continue to the Snapshotting configuration.
Connecting a Non-Dataset-Based Data Source
Some connectors, such as Google Ads, Facebook (except Facebook Graph), and Instagram are not dataset-based and the configuration of such data sources is a little different.
Follow the steps above but instead of choosing a dataset with set metrics and attributes, select only the metrics and attributes you want to see in your destination.
- Select the frequency of which your data will be extracted. We recommend selecting Daily.
- If you would like to configure the advanced settings, you may choose your date range and time. However, we recommend you use the default settings.
NOTE: If the date range is available to select, you can load historical data. Read more in our guide.
- Before saving the source, preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button. Adjust the date range to see a more specific range of data.
Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
- Date range: We recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of which metrics can be included in the same source.
Click on Save and your new data source is ready to be added to a flow.
Congratulations, your new data source is ready!