- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
For larger organizations with the need for multiple user accounts, Dataddo offers an Enterprise Identity and Access Management (IAM). This approach allows the use of the organization's single identity management solution, enabling its employees to access Dataddo with one set of work credentials.
To facilitate this method, Dataddo integrates with Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Okta.
AD DS serves as a foundational framework for storing directory data and ensuring its availability to network users and administrators. AD DS holds critical information regarding user accounts, encompassing details like names, passwords, phone numbers, and more. By centralizing user information, AD DS streamlines network management, enhances security, and improves the efficiency of resource allocation and access across an organization.
Okta a secure identity cloud that provides identity management with single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA), lifecycle management, and more. It allows users from a big company to access multiple applications and services using their organizational credentials, making the process seamless and secure.
- An employee uses their company credentials to access a service or application (in this case Dataddo).
- The authentication request is routed through the identity provider (AD DS or Okta).
- The identity provider handles the authentication process and grants access if the user is verified.
Benefits of Enterprise IAM
- Simplified Access: Employees can use their organizational credentials to access multiple applications, reducing the need to remember multiple usernames and passwords.
- Enhanced Security: With MFA and centralized user management, organizations can implement stronger security measures across all accessed services.
- Improved Efficiency: IT departments benefit from reduced administrative tasks related to account management and password resets.
- Seamless Integration: Easy setup with Dataddo and other applications within the organization's ecosystem.
Best Practices for Secure and Efficient Use
- Regularly Review Access Rights: Ensure that only current employees have access to Dataddo and other services.
- Educate Employees: Provide training on the importance of security practices, especially in the context of phishing attacks and secure password management.
- Monitor and Audit: Use the tools provided by your identity provider to monitor access patterns and audit usage to detect and respond to any unusual activities.
By adopting the enterprise IAM model, organizations can not only streamline access to applications like Dataddo but also bolster their overall security posture. Access management becomes more efficient, secure, and user-friendly for both IT administrators and employees.
To implement enterprise IAM for your organization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org