- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
Exact Online is a cloud-based business software platform that provides a range of tools for small and medium-sized businesses. It includes features for accounting, financial management, project management, and more, allowing businesses to streamline their operations and manage various aspects of their business in one integrated platform.
Refer to our website for the list of metrics and attributes available in Dataddo.
Refer to Exact Online's official documentation to see all available endpoints from the Exact Online API.
Authorize Connection to Exact Online
To authorize this service, use OAuth 2.0 to share specific data with an application while keeping usernames, passwords, and other information private.
- On the Authorizers page, click on Authorize New Service and select your service.
- Follow the prompts to grant Dataddo the necessary permissions to access and retrieve your data.
- [Optional] Once your authorizer is created, click on it to change the label for easier identification.
Ensure that the account you're granting access to holds at least admin-level permissions.
For more information, see our article on authorizers.
How to Create an Exact Online Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your account has at least admin-level permissions.
Authorization Issues with .be, .fr, .co.uk Accounts
By default, the Dataddo Exact Online connector is pointed to the
.nl version. So in case you did not authorize the connection to Exact Online yet, you will be redirected to an authorizer requesting the
If you have one of the
.co.uk versions, please follow these steps:
- In your Exact Online, navigate to Settings.
- Go to the Connected Accounts section and select the correct national version of Exact Online.
- Continue with your data source creation in Dataddo.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.