- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
Instagram Business offers businesses tools to promote their products or services, and connect with their target audience. It provides features such as analytics, messaging, and shopping to help businesses build their brand, increase their online presence, and grow their customer base on Instagram.
Dataddo can extract all metrics provided via the official Instagram Business API.
How to Create an Instagram Business Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
To access your Instagram Business data, the account you connect to Dataddo has to have at least analyst-level permissions. For more information, please check the official Facebook/Instagram documentation for further details.
Connect your professional account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. Instagram API allows data extraction only if your Instagram account is connected to a Facebook account. This will also make it easier for you to use all of the features available for businesses across the Facebook family of apps.
If you have more than one Instagram Business account, the Dataddo connector supports automatic data extraction (same metrics and dimensions) from all of them. For more information please see Multi-Account Extraction FAQ.
Maximum Number of Rows
Although the Instagram API has a hard limit for the total number of rows that can be extracted, Dataddo supports automatic pagination. The data extraction is distributed into multiple rows so that all your data can be extracted.
Historical Data Limit
The limit for historical data is 30 days. As a result, you need to load your data in batches and can load data as far as 1 year back.
For the Followers metric, while you can get information on the number of followers each day, you can only load the last 30 days, older data is not possible to load.
If you need a time series, set the snapshot-taking frequency to daily and choose to Append your snapshots.
No Instagram ReelsnData
Instagram Reels data cannot be extracted as it is not supported by the Instagram API.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
No Facebook Account
In order to extract data from the Instagram API, it is required to have your Instagram account connected to a Facebook account. For more information, please visit the official Instagram API documentation.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.