- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Instagram Stories is a feature on that allow users and businesses to create and share short-form videos, photos, and text that disappear after 24 hours. It offers a fun and interactive way for users and businesses to share their daily activities, showcase their products or services, and engage with their followers on the platform.
Dataddo can extract all data available from the Instagram Story API.
How to Create an Instagram Story Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes.
- [Optional] Configure your advanced settings (for more information please refer to the section on Advanced Settings). If you are unsure about how to proceed, we recommend skipping this step.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Due to the API limitations, Dataddo can only access data while the story is active (24-hour window). Further, you can create a source only when you have a story running, otherwise, there is no data to access.
To prevent the source from breaking, we recommend
- Setting up the source to hourly syncing frequency
- Enable Allow empty so that it won't matter if you don't have any data
- Click on the three dots next to the source and select Edit
- On the Basic Info tab, scroll down and check the Allow Empty box
- Add Timestamps to your data: The data will show the same story with different times and increased numbers.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
No Facebook Account
In order to extract data from the Instagram API, it is required to have your Instagram account connected to a Facebook account. For more information, please visit the official Instagram API documentation.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.