- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
MailChimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that enables businesses to manage email marketing campaigns, design and send emails, and track their performance. It also offers additional features such as audience segmentation, automation, and reporting to help businesses build and maintain effective marketing strategies and engage with their audience more effectively.
Refer to our website for the list of metrics and attributes available in Dataddo.
Refer to Mailchimp's official documentation to see all available endpoints from the Mailchimp API.
Authorize Connection to MailChimp
To authorize your MailChimp account, you will need your username, an API key (= API token), and your DC (data center for your account).
- In your MailChimp account, navigate to the API keys page.
- Click on Create API Key and name your key.
- Click on Generate Key and copy the value.
- In the first part of your MailChimp URL, you can find your DC, e.g.
us1is the DC in this URL
- On the Authorizers page, click on Authorize New Service and select MailChimp.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Username: Your MailChimp username.
- API Key: MailChimp API key.
- DC: Data center for your account (e.g.
- Rename your authorizer for easier identification and click on Save.
How to Create a Mailchimp Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your account has at least admin-level permissions.
When authorizing your service and creating your source, make sure that you the DC (data center) field matches the on in your MailChimp, otherwise you might get the following error
You can find the DC in the first part of your MailChimp URL. E.g. If your URL is
us1 is the name of your DC.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.