- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that enables businesses to manage email marketing campaigns, design and send emails, and track their performance. It also offers additional features such as audience segmentation, automation, and reporting to help businesses build and maintain effective marketing strategies and engage with their audience more effectively.
For all available metrics and attributes, please refer to our website.
All available endpoints from the MailChimp API are listed here.
- Navigate to the Authorizers tab, click Authorize New Service and select MailChimp.
- Yo will be asked to provide:
- API Key
You can create an API key and find DC in your MailChimp account.
- Go to the API keys section.
- DC can be found in the first part of your URL, e.g. us1 (https://us1.admin.mailchimp.com/account/api/manage). Make sure you choose the correct DC when creating your source as well.
- Scroll down and click on Create API Key. We recommend using "Dataddo" in the API Key name for easier management.
How to Create a Mailchimp Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
When authorizing your service and creating your source, make sure that you DC matches the on in your MailChimp, otherwise you might get the following error: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.
If you are not sure where to find the DC, please see this section.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.