- 1 Minute to read
- 1 Minute to read
Pinterest Ads is an advertising platform that enables businesses to promote their products and services through paid advertising on Pinterest. It allows businesses to create and customize visually appealing ads, target specific audience segments, and drive traffic, engagement, and conversions by showcasing their content to Pinterest users who are actively searching for inspiration, ideas, and products.
How to Create a Pinterest Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes.
- [Optional] Configure your advanced settings (for more information please refer to the section on Advanced Settings). If you are unsure about how to proceed, we recommend skipping this step.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Historical Data Load
When loading historical data, data must be loaded in batches of 6 months. However, there is no limit to how far into the past you can go.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your authorized account has at least admin-level permissions.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.