- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
Salesforce is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform that offers a suite of applications and tools for businesses to manage their sales, customer service, marketing, and more. It provides a centralized platform for organizations to store and analyze customer data, automate processes, and enhance collaboration across various departments.
Refer to our website for the list of metrics and attributes available in Dataddo.
Refer to Salesforce's official documentation to see all available endpoints from the Salesforce API.
Authorize Connection to Salesforce
To authorize this service, use OAuth 2.0 to share specific data with an application while keeping usernames, passwords, and other information private.
- On the Authorizers page, click on Authorize New Service and select your service.
- Follow the prompts to grant Dataddo the necessary permissions to access and retrieve your data.
- [Optional] Once your authorizer is created, click on it to change the label for easier identification.
Ensure that the account you're granting access to holds at least admin-level permissions.
For more information, see our article on authorizers.
How to Create a Salesforce Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your authorized account has at least admin-level permissions.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Connect a Sandbox Account
To connect a sandbox account
- On the Authorizers page, click on Add New Service and select Salesforce Custom Domain.
- Fill in your sandbox domain name, e.g.
dataddo--partial.sandbox. Your whole subdomain URL will look like one of the following:
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.