- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create online stores and sell products or services. Dataddo's Shopify connector can extract all the data available through the official API. To connect Shopify to Dataddo, you need to get an API access token from your Shopify account and enter your subdomain name and access token in the Dataddo page. It is not possible to extract data from multiple accounts across domains, but you can connect the same data from various stores in the same Flow by adding multiple sources.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create online stores and sell products or services. It provides a range of tools and features for inventory management, order processing, payment integration, and website customization, enabling businesses to easily set up and operate their online storefronts.
The Dataddo Shopify connector can extract all the data available through the official API. For all the available Shopify datasets, please visit our website.
How to Create a New Shopify Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes.DATADDO TIP
Metrics and attributes depend on the dataset. If you need different metrics/attributes, go back to step 2 to select another dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
While configuring a Shopify connection, enter only the subdomain name without the ".myshopify.com" following.
If your organization's Shopify subdomain is 'coolagency.myshopify.com' you would enter 'coolagency' in the Subdomain field while configuring your Shopify connection in Dataddo.
Authorize Your Shopify account
To connect Shopify to Dataddo, the most recent version of Shopify requires it’s clients to get an API access token.
Go to your Shopify account and click on Settings at the bottom left of your screen. Select Apps and sales channels and click on Develop apps for your store. Follow the prompts to allow custom app development.
After you click on Create an app to type a name, you will need to Configure Admin API scopes.
Select all the permissions you would like for Dataddo to access and save. For example, we’ve added read_orders, read_customers, and read_products, read_fulfillments, read_assigned_fulfillment_orders, read_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders, read_third_party_fulfillment_orders, read_marketplace_fulfillment_orders.
Go back to the Overview tab and click on Install app. You can now access your API Admin access token under the API credentials tab.
Please keep in mind that you can reveal the token only once.
Go to the Authorizers page in your Dataddo account, click on Add Service and select the Shopify connector. Enter your subdomain name (name of your shop) and the access token to authorize your account.
It is not possible to extract data from multiple accounts across domains as different stores have different URLs. You can, however, connect the same data from various stores in the same Flow by simply adding multiple sources.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Cannot Access Data: Insufficient Scopes
If you cannot access some of your data, please double-check which permissions you've given to Dataddo. In majority of cases, you will need to add additional access.
To gain access to the fulfillmentOrders field (Orders dataset), make sure you give Dataddo at least one of the following scopes:
Feel free to contact us and we will help you with the setup. To speed the process of resolving your issue, make sure you provide us with sufficient information.