- 3 Minutes to read
- 3 Minutes to read
TikTok is a social media platform known for its short-form videos. It allows users to create and share creative and engaging videos, often incorporating music, filters, and various effects, fostering a vibrant community of content creators and consumers.
Dataddo can extract all the metrics provided via an official API. The full list is available here.
How to Create a TikTok Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes.
- [Optional] Configure your advanced settings (for more information please refer to the section on Advanced Settings). If you are unsure about how to proceed, we recommend skipping this step.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Different Date Range
Depending on the Dimension and Report Type, the date range may vary significantly. As such, when configuring the connector, take the following into consideration:
- If Time Dimension contains stat_time_day, the query time range cannot exceed 30 days, and when dimensions contain stat_time_hour, the query time range cannot exceed 1 day.
- If no time dimension is chosen for Report Type's basic, audience, and playable, it should be possible to have access to older data.
For Audience Report, the latency time is between 6-12 hours. We recommend keeping the date range until YESTERDAY.
When selecting dimensions (ID, Time, Audience) for your source, please keep in mind that you can choose max 1 dimension.
Cannot Obtain Organic Data
It is unfortunately not possible to get organic data via the official Tiktok API, only ad data.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Metric and Ad Recall Data Don't Match
The Reach and Recall metrics cannot be summed to get the totals for longer time periods. As these metrics measure the daily unique users who view your ad (= reach) or will remember the ad (=ad recall), it is not possible to get data for a specific time period and/or aggregate the data.
To avoid this, you can
- Get daily breakdowns: The daily values will match, but not when summed up over a longer time period.
- Extract data weekly or monthly: These weekly/monthly values will match.
Simply create a new source and a new flow with the particular breakdown (for example, a source and a flow with daily breakdowns/synchronizations).
Read more about the metrics, and why the data may not be matching here.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.