- 5 Minutes to read
- 5 Minutes to read
UiPath is a global software company that makes robotic process automation software.
Available Datasets & Metrics
Currently, these datasets and endpoints are available in Dataddo:
The following 4 fields are required to authorize the integration with UiPath.
Authorizing API Access
First note authenticating Cloud Orchestrator using Orchestrator API is different than On Premise Orchestrator. Follow the steps below to authenticate to Orchestrator Cloud using API:
- Login to your Cloud Platform account (https://platform.uipath.com 180).
- In the Services page, click the dots button next to a service and select the API Access option. The API Access window is displayed with the information:
2. User Key - allows you to generate unique login keys to be used with APIs or with 3rd party applications in order to log in and perform actions on your behalf. This was previously known as your refresh token
3. Account Logical Name - your unique site URL, (for example platform.uipath.com 1/ yoursiteURL ).
4. Tenant Logical Name - the selected service’s logical name. It may differ from the tenant’s name as it is displayed in the Services page. More information about creating a new tenant or changing its name can be found in the [official documentation]
5. Client Id - specific to the Orchestrator application itself, is the same for all users and tenants on a specific platform. For example, all the tenants on platform.uipath.com 1 have the same Client Id value.
- Do not close this page. You need the information within it to make the authentication call.
- You can easily copy the values clicking the copy button next to each of these fields.
Access_token is valid for 24 hours. You have to regenerate the token once it is expired. You will get 401: Unauthorized error once the token exires
Once the access token is generated, you can make API call to Cloud Orchestrator.
Generating authorization credentials
The following steps explain how to generate credentials to authenticate your robots.
Go to the Tenant > Machines.
Create a machine template or a standard machine as you would normally do.
After you are done configuring its fields, click Provision. The machine object is created and a confirmation windows is displayed with details about the machine, including the Client ID and Client secret.
You will need the client ID and client secret to connect the robot to Orchestrator. The client secret is only visible once, right after its creation, so if you want to use the same secret multiple times, make sure to copy it and store it in a safe storage location. Consider using encryption or hashing to secure the storage.
Generating new client secrets
You can generate new client secrets for the same client ID by editing the machine object. The following steps explain how to generate new secrets.
Go to the Tenant > Machines.
For the machine for which you want to generate new secrets, click More Actions > Edit Machine
In the Client secrets section, click Add new to add a new secret. A new secret is generated and visible for you to copy it.
The client secret is only visible once, right after its creation, so if you want to use the same secret multiple times, make sure to copy it and store it in a safe storage location. Make sure to also store the corresponding Secret ID as well, since this is the only way to identify the secret in case you want to later delete it, for example.
How to Create a Customer.io Data Source
Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Sources at the top of the page.
Click on Create Source in the top right corner.
Select the connector from the list of sources. You can type the name of the connector into the search bar to find it faster.
First, select the required Dataset and click on Next.
NOTE: If you are not sure which Dataset you need, but you know which Metrics and Attributes you are looking for, you can use the Search by Name or Attribute function or you can browse through all the possible Attributes and Metrics for each Dataset by clicking on the specific Dataset.
From the drop-down menu, choose your Account connected to Dataddo. Click on Next to continue with the setup.
Didn't find your account?
If you want to connect a new account that is not on the list, click on Add New Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page to confirm the right account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
Authorize your account
If you have not authorized your Account with Dataddo, click on Add New Account and you will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page.
After you log in and give Dataddo the necessary permissions to access your data, you will be redirected back to the connector.
Choose a Name for your Data Source, and select the Metrics and Attributes. To continue to the next page, click Next.
NOTE: The Metrics and Attributes depend on the Dataset you selected in the previous step. If you need different Metrics and Attributes, go back two steps and change the Dataset.
Configure your snapshotting preferences by choosing your Sync frequency. Under Advanced settings, you can select the exactTime, of synchronization. Confirm your setup by clicking on Next.
*If the Data range is available to select, you can load historical data. Read more in our guide.
Before saving the source, you can see a preview of your data by clicking on the Preview button. you can adjust the date range to a more specific view.
You can see the full list of the metrics you selected by clicking on Show all Metrics and attributes, in the left navigation.
Click on Save and your new Data Source is ready.
Congratulations, your new Data Source is ready!
Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
* Date range - we recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
* Invalid metrics, attributes or breakdowns, or their combination - you may not have any values for them.