- 4 Minutes to read
- 4 Minutes to read
Ui Path is a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software platform that enables businesses to automate repetitive and rule-based tasks. It provides a visual and user-friendly interface for designing, deploying, and managing software robots that mimic human interactions with digital systems, increasing efficiency and productivity in various business processes.
Currently, these datasets and endpoints are available in Dataddo:
How to Create a New Ui Path Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
To authorize the integration with Ui Path, these fields are required:
- Account logical name
- Tenant name
- Client ID
- Client Secret
Authorizing API Access
Authenticating Cloud Orchestrator using the Orchestrator API is different from the On Premise Orchestrator.
On the Services page in your Cloud account, click the three dots button next to a service and select the API Access option. The API Access window will be displayed with the following information:
- User Key: Allows you to generate unique login keys for APIs or with 3rd party applications to log in and perform actions on your behalf (this was previously known as refresh token).
- Account Logical Name: Your unique site URL (for example platform.uipath.com/yoursiteURL).
- Tenant Logical Name: The selected service’s logical name. Please keep in mind that this may differ from the tenant’s name as it is displayed in the Services page. More information on tenants can be found in the official UI Path documentation.
- Client Id - specific to the Orchestrator application itself, is the same for all users and tenants on a specific platform. For example, all the tenants on platform.uipath.com 1 have the same Client Id value.
Make sure you leave this page open as you will need the information to make the authentication call.
The Access_token will be valid for 24 hours. You have to regenerate the token once it is expired. You will get 401: Unauthorized error once the token exires.
Generate Authorization Credentials
- To generate credentials to authenticate your robots, navigate to the Tenants and select the Machines tab.
- Create a machine template or a standard machine.
- Click on Provision.
- The machine object is created and a confirmation windows is displayed with details about the machine, including the Client ID and Client secret.
You will need the Client ID and Client Secret to connect the robot to Orchestrator.
Keep in mind that the Client Secret can be shown only once. Make sure to copy and store it in a safe location if you know you'll need to reuse it. Consider using encryption or hashing to secure the storage.
Generate New Client Secrets
You can generate new client secrets for the same client ID by editing the machine object.
- On the Tenants page, select the Machines section.
- For the machine for which you want to generate new secrets, click one More Actions and select Edit Machine.
- In the Client Secrets section, click on Add new. A new secret will be generated and visible for you to copy it.
The Client Secret is only visible once, right after its creation, so if you want to use the same secret multiple times, make sure to copy it and store it in a safe storage location.
Please make sure to also store the corresponding Secret ID, since this is the only way to identify the secret in case you, for example, want to later delete it.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.