- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Zendesk is a customer service and support platform that provides businesses with tools and features to manage and resolve customer inquiries and issues. It offers a ticketing system, knowledge base, live chat, and other customer engagement tools, enabling businesses to deliver efficient and effective customer support, build stronger customer relationships, and enhance overall customer satisfaction.
For all available metrics and attributes, please refer to our website.
All available endpoints from the Zendesk API are listed here.
How to Create a Zendesk Data Source
- Under the Sources tab, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Manual Data Load page.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
To generate your API token, make sure you know what your subdomain name is.
Your subdomain is the first part of the URL when you login into your Zendesk account, for example, mycompany is your subdomain if the URL is mycompany.zendesk.com.
Once your tickets have been closed for 120 days, they are archived. As a result, these tickets will not be returned by the Ticket metric endpoint
To avoid having your tickets archived, you can create a custom stage where you can put the resolved tickets to avoid to have them closed and archived.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.