Available Datasets and MEtrics
The data are separated into different datasets and the full list of available API endpoints can be found in the official Gusto API documentation.
- Contractor Payments
- Contractors By Company
- Jobs by single employee
- Jobs by all employees
- Pay Periods
- Pay Schedules
- Single Payrolls
You can set up an automatic synchronization to have your data pulled from Gusto hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
How to create a Gusto Data Source
- Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Sources at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Source in the top right corner.
- Select the connector from the list of sources. You can type the name of the connector into the search bar to find it faster.
First, select the required Dataset and click on Next.
NOTE: If you are not sure which Dataset you need, but you know which Metrics and Attributes you are looking for, you can use the Search by Name or Attribute function or you can browse through all the possible Attributes and Metrics for each Dataset by clicking on the specific Dataset.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your Gusto Account connected to Dataddo. Depending on the dataset, you may need to specify additional fields, e.g. Company, Employee, or Jobs. Click on Next to continue with the setup.
- Didn't find your account?
If you want to connect a new account that is not on the list, click on Add New Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page to confirm the right account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
- Authorize Your Account
If you have not authorized your Account with Dataddo, click on Add New Account and you will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page.
After you log in and give Dataddo the necessary permissions to access your data, you will be redirected back to the connector.
- Didn't find your account?
- Choose a Name for your Data Source, and select the Metrics and Attributes. To continue to the next page, click Next.
NOTE: The Metrics and Attributes depend on the Dataset you selected in the previous step. If you need different Metrics and Attributes, go back two steps and change the Dataset.
*If the Data range is available to select, you can load historical data. Read more in our guide.
Before saving the source, you can see a preview of your data by clicking on the Preview button. you can adjust the date range to a more specific view.
Also, you can see the full list of the metrics you selected by clicking on Show all Metrics and attributes, in the left navigation.
Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
- Date range - we recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
- Invalid metrics, attributes or breakdowns, or their combination - you may not have any values for them.
- Click on Save and your new Data Source is ready.