Limitation & Troubleshooting
Limit of Data Records
When sending your data to Google Data Studio, be aware that it has a limit of how much data it can connect at once. If you see the error below in GDS, it usually means that you have too much data in the source you are trying to connect and the connection timeouts due to the size. You can see how much data is in the source by clicking Data Preview (three dots next to the source under Sources) and the total number of records is shown in the top left. If there are more than 100k records, you reached the limit of Google Data Studio.
- you can either limit the amount of data (it is possible the amount is this huge because of incorrect snapshotting settings)
- or connect the data to a data warehouse instead and then to Google Data Studio. One option is to use Google Sheets.
Connecting Google Data Studio
Step 1 - How to Create Google Sheets Data Destination
- Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Destinations at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Destination in the top right corner.
- From the list of destinations, choose Google Data Studio. You can type the name of the connector into the search bar to find it faster.
You will be redirected to the New Flow configuration.
How to Create a New Data Flow
- Click on Flows at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Flow in the top right corner.
- Click on Add Source and choose, which from your sources you want to connect. You can type the connector's name into the search bar to find it faster.
You can add more sources or blend two of the sources. Read more about Data Blending here.
Once you select your data source, click on Add Destination. If you continued from the source creation, Google Data Studio has been selected as a destination automatically.
- You can Name your flow by typing the name into the top.
- You can see a Data Preview to make sure of your configuration.
- Click on Save flow.
How to Configure the Data Flow
- Click on the three dots next to the flow and choose Config.
- You need to authorize the connector by clicking on the link and filling in the Dataddo API Key and Dataddo API Endpoint ID.
- You can then click on Connect in the top right corner and your data are sent to Google Data Studio. You can close the Configure dashboard window in Dataddo and you are all set.
- Click on Save.
Congratulations, your new Data Destination & Flow are ready!