Since Instagram Graph API only allows "Instagram Professional accounts — Businesses and Creators — to use it to manage their presence on Instagram, all Dataddo Instagram connectors follow the same rules.
Automatic Data Synchronization
Our Instagram Business connector gives you the ability to sync your data automatically in hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
Setting up Instagram Business account
The process of switching your profile to a professional one is as follows:
- Go to your profile and click on the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on Settings
- Click on "Switch to Professional Account"
- Select "Business"
- Additionally, you can follow the steps to connect your professional account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is optional and will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses across the Facebook family of apps. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your professional account.
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Click on "Done".
Further details on Instagram documentation.
When authorizing access, make sure that the user has correct permissions. To access the Instagram Insights data, the user has to have assigned ANALYST permission. Please check the official documentation for further details: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
Dataddo can extract all the metrics provided via an official API. The full list is available here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/reference/user/insights
Instagram Graph API has a hard limit for the total number of rows that can be extracted. Dataddo supports automatic pagination, so the data extraction is in fact distributed into multiple rows.
Dataddo Instagram Business connector supports automatic extraction from all the available Instagram Accounts. This feature is particularly useful when you have (e.g. being an online agency) multiple accounts and need to automatically extract the same metrics and dimensions across them.
Creating an Instagram Business Data Source
To create an Instagram Business data source, navigate to Sources at the top left of the Dataddo app.
Then click on New Sources from the top right corner.
From the list of connectors, choose the Instagram Business connector.
You will be redirected into the Instagram Business connector. First of all, you will need to give Dataddo authorization to connect with your Instagram Business account. Once you click on Authorize, you will be redirected to your account to log in.
After you log in and give Dataddo the necessary permissions to access your data, you will get redirected back to the connector. If you happen to have more Instagram accounts connected to Dataddo, you can select the ones you would like to use from the drop-down menus.
Having a problem with the authorization process?
Next, you can name your data source, and select the required attributes.
Missing metric or attribute?
On the snapshotting page, you will set up the destination configuration. To help you with the snapshot mapping, we make it easier for you to create a connection to the destination based on your preference.
- Click on the option "Dashboarding App" if you want your data to connect to applications, like Google Data Studio, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Click on the option "Data Warehouse", If you want your data to be sent to warehouse storage, like MySQL, Big Query, or PostgreSQL.
- If you are already experienced with the snapshotting setup, you can go ahead and process without selecting the two options.
Now you are all set and ready. Click on See Preview to review all the selections made by you before saving the Data Source using the button in the top right corner Save source.