- 2 Minutes to read
Google Adwords API deprecation
- 2 Minutes to read
Google Adwords API (the one that we are currently using) is being deprecated on Wednesday 27 April 2022.
Dataddo Google Ads Connector Update
- We updated the Google Ads connector to use the new Google Ads API that will go live on Tuesday evening, April 26, 2022. Any new sources created after will automatically have the new format and configuration.
- We modified the current connector to map the sourcesâ€™ settings from the old API format to the new API format and use the new API.
In most cases, no changes will need to be made to existing Dataddo sources. If modifications are required, you will be contacted by your Account Manager.
- The new API has a slightly different structure but effectively allows to extract almost the same data as the old one.
- Some fields have been deprecated and others have been added. Also, some fields have been renamed, but the names should be always very straightforward and easy to understand.
Important Information to Doublecheck in Your Destination
You do not need to delete/edit or create new Google Ads sources in Dataddo. We make sure your sources do not break and the transition is as easy as possible.
However, you might need to make some changes in your dashboards to support the following changes:
For some of the fields, the enumeration options have changed
- Status field:
- The old options were: unknown, enabled, removed, or paused.
- The new options are: ENABLED, PAUSED, REMOVED, UNKNOWN, UNSPECIFIED
- Device segment:
- The old options were: Other, Computers, Mobile devices with full browsers, Tablets with full browsers, Devices streaming video content to TV screens.
- The new options are: CONNECTED_TV, DESKTOP, MOBILE, OTHER, TABLET, UNKNOWN, UNSPECIFIED
- Age Range Performance Report â€“ Criteria/Age Range field
- The old options were: Undetermined, 65 and more, 55-64, 45-54 etc,
- The new options are UNKNOWN, UNSPECIFIED, AGE_RANGE_UNDETERMINED, AGE_RANGE_65_UP, AGE_RANGE_55_64, AGE_RANGE_45_54, AGE_RANGE_35_44, AGE_RANGE_25_34, AGE_RANGE_18_24
- Gender Performance Report â€“ Criteria/Gender field:
- The old options were: Undetermined, Female, Male.
- The new options are: FEMALE, MALE, UNDETERMINED, UNKNOWN, UNSPECIFIED
- Search Query Performance Report: QueryMatchTypeWithVariant field
- The old options were: auto, broad, exact, expanded, phrase, exact (close variant), phrase (close variant).
- The new options are: UNSPECIFIED, UNKNOWN, BROAD, EXACT, PHRASE, NEAR_EXACT, NEAR_PHRASE
Some fields have been merged into other ones
- AdNetworkType1 and AdNetworkType2 are now merged into one field. Therefore, if people have both these metrics selected, they will return the same value. Also, the possible values have changed a bit.
- The new options are CONTENT, MIXED, SEARCH, SEARCH_PARTNERS, UNKNOWN, UNSPECIFIEDâ€‹â€‹, YOUTUBE_SEARCH, YOUTUBE_WATCH
Some fields have been deprecated or are no longer available
In this case, the value of such a field will simply result in either 0 (for integer and float fields) or an empty string. The deprecated fields for each report type are as follows:
- Campaign Performance Report
- Ad Performance Report:
- Keywords Performance Report:
- Budget Performance Report:
- Age Range Performance Report
- Gender Performance Report
- Search Query Performance Report
- Geo Performance Report