Automatic Data Synchronization
Dataddo Personio connector gives you the ability to sync your data automatically in hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
In the Dataddo app, you can create a source containing data from these datasets:
Obtaining API Credentials
- Login to your Personio application and navigate to the Settings page, on the left navigation bar.
- Click on API credentials.
- Click on Generate new credential.
- Name the new API credential and enable the Read checklist for Personal Data.
- Select all the Readable employee attributes, in order to obtain data about each of your employees.
- Once you selected all attributes, you can go ahead and generate the new key that will be used later on to connect your Personio account with your Dataddo account. Keep these credentials safe.
- You should be able to obtain your Client ID and Secret ID. Click on Save to save the keys.
How to Create a New Data Source
- Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Sources at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Source in the top right corner.
- Select the connector from the list of sources. You can type the name of the connector into the search bar to find it faster.
First, select the required Dataset and click on Next.
NOTE: If you are not sure which Dataset you need, but you know which Metrics and Attributes you are looking for, you can use the Search by Name or Attribute function or you can browse through all the possible Attributes and Metrics for each Dataset by clicking on the specific Dataset.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your Account connected to Dataddo, Analytics Account, Property, and View. Click on Next to continue with the setup.
- Didn't find your account?
If you want to connect a new account that is not on the list, click on Add New Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page to confirm the right account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
- Authorize Your Account
If you have not authorized your Account with Dataddo, click on Add New Account and you will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page. Find more information on how to obtain your API key here.
After you log in and give Dataddo the necessary permissions to access your data, you will be redirected back to the connector.
- Didn't find your account?
- Choose a Name for your Data Source, and select the Metrics and Attributes. To continue to the next page, click Next.
NOTE: The Metrics and Attributes depend on the Dataset you selected in the previous step. If you need different Metrics and Attributes, go back two steps and change the Dataset.
*If the Data range is available to select, you can load historical data. Read more in our guide.
Before saving the source, you can see a preview of your data by clicking on the Preview button. you can adjust the date range to a more specific view.
Also, you can see the full list of the metrics you selected by clicking on Show all Metrics and attributes, in the left navigation.
Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
- Date range - we recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
- Invalid metrics, attributes or breakdowns, or their combination - you may not have any values for them.
- Click on Save and your new Data Source is ready.