The Dataddo Personio connector enables simple API data extraction without writing a single line of code.
Automatic Data Synchronization
Our Personio connector gives you the ability to sync your data automatically in hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
Obtaining API Credentials
Login to your Personio application and navigate to the Settings page, from the left navigation bar.
Click on API credentials.
Click on Generate new credential.
Name the new API credential and enable the Read checklist for Personal Data
Make sure you select all the Readable employee attributes, in order to obtain data about each of your employees
Once you selected all attributes. You can go ahead and generate the new key that will be used later on to connect your Personio account with your Dataddo account. Keep these credentials safe.
You should be able to obtain your Client ID and Secret ID. Click on Save to save the keys.
Creating a Personio Data Source
To create a Personio data source, navigate to Sources at the top left of the Dataddo app.
Then click on New Sources from the top right corner.
From the list of connectors, choose the Personio connector.
You will be redirected into the Personio connector where you can select the required Dataset.
If you are not sure which Dataset you need, but you know which metrics and attributes you are looking for, you can use the Search by name or attribute function on the right side of the window. The picture below shows all datasets containing the attribute Device.
Alternatively, you can browse through all of the possible attributes for each Dataset by clicking on the Show attributes button on the right side of each dataset.
Once you select a Dataset, you can start with the configuration by clicking on Start Configuration. First of all, you will need to give Dataddo authorization to connect with your Personio account.
Once you click on Authorize, you will be redirected to a new window in order to sign in with your Personio account. If you happen to have any Personio accounts already connected to Dataddo, you can select the one you would like to use from the drop-down menu.
Next, you can name your data source, and select the required attributes.
On the snapshotting page, you will set up the destination configuration. To help you with the snapshot mapping, you can select from two pre-configured templates depending on your planned destination.
- Click on the option "Dashboarding App" if you want your data to connect to applications, like Google Data Studio, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Click on the option "Data Warehouse", If you want your data to be sent to warehouse storage, like MySQL, Big Query, or PostgreSQL.
- If you are already experienced with the snapshotting setup, you can go ahead and move on without selecting the two options.
Now you are all set and ready. Click on See Preview to review all the selections made by you before saving the Data Source using the button in the top right corner Save source.
Your new source is now created. You can click on Add source to a flow to bind the source with a flow. To create a flow, please follow our Creating a data flow guide.
- No data?
Do not worry, this is a common issue that occurs to many users. Quick ways to fix this issue:
- Your account might not have any records for the dates you specified. Try changing the date range to a different date or a longer period (last 30 days, this year) to obtain data.
- You could have made a slight mistake when configuring your account, but it's ok. You can restart the process of configuration again and check the connector configuration. You can also try to use a different account or a different combination of metrics.
- Problem Connecting?
If you get the 'Something went wrong' message, please make sure that your account has sufficient permissions and the configuration looks correct. If these issues are still persistent. You can contact us or create a ticket and we will address it as soon as possible.
- How to deactivate the Dataddo account?
Check whether your account has the correct permissions to access this dataset. Navigate to Settings > Connected accounts. If your account is OK, click on Test. If your account is broken, click on re-authorize
- Want to deactivate your account?