- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Brandwatch is a digital consumer intelligence platform that helps businesses analyze and understand online conversations, trends, and consumer behaviors. It offers tools for social media monitoring, market research, and brand sentiment analysis, enabling companies to gain insights and make data-driven decisions.
Refer to our website for the list of metrics and attributes available in Dataddo.
Refer to Brandwatch's official documentation to see all available endpoints from the Brandwatch API.
Authorize Connection to Brandwatch
- On the Authorizers page, click on Authorize New Service and select Brandwatch.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Username: Your Brandwatch username.
- Password: Password to your Brandwatch account
- Rename your authorizer for easier identification and click on Save.
How to Create a Brandwatch Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Some data packs may impose restrictions on Mention data which can be extracted through the Consumer Research API. This can lead to discrepancies between data in your Consumer Research app UI and data retrieved by Dataddo.
For more specific information on your data packs, refer to Brandwatch's official documentation. The following sources are affected:
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your account has at least admin-level permissions.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.