- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Determ, previously Mediatoolkit, is an online media monitoring and analytics application.
When configuring the Determ connector, you will be asked for the Organization ID parameter. The best way how to obtain it is to log into the Determ app and check the URL you are redirected to. You will see an address such as https://app.determ.com/123456/. In this particular case, the value 123456 is the Organization ID.
To obtain your MediaToolkit access token:
- Sign in to your Determ account.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner, and select Account Settings.
- Copy the Access token.
How to Create a New Data Source
Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Create Source in the top right corner.
From the list of connectors, select Mediatoolkit/Determ.
Select the required Dataset and click on Next.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need, but you know which metrics and attributes you are looking for, you can use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
From the drop-down menu, choose your Account connected to Dataddo. Click on Next to continue with the setup.Didn't find your account?
If you want to connect a new account that is not on the list, click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page to confirm the right account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
Choose a Name for your source, and select the Metrics and Attributes. To continue to the next page, click Next.
Didn't find your account?
- NOTE: The Metrics and Attributes depend on the Dataset you selected in the previous step. If you need different Metrics and Attributes, go back two steps and change the Dataset.
Metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset. If you need other metrics and attributes, go back to step 3 to change your dataset.
Configure your snapshotting by choosing a sync frequency. Under Advanced settings, you can select the exact time of synchronization. Confirm your setup by clicking on Next.NOTE
To load historical data, please refer to Manual Data Load.
Before saving the source, preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button. Adjust the date range to see a more specific range of data.
Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
- Date range: We recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of which metrics can be included in the same source.