- 3 Minutes to read
Google My Business
- 3 Minutes to read
Google My Business is a tool that allows businesses to create and manage their online presence across Google's search engine and maps. It enables businesses to provide accurate and up-to-date information such as contact details, operating hours, and customer reviews, helping them connect with local customers and increase their visibility in search results.
For all available datasets, please check our website.
All available endpoints are listed here.
How to create a Google My Business Data Source
- On the Sources page, click on the Create Source button and select the connector from the list.
- Select your dataset and click on Next to continue.DATADDO TIP
If you are not sure which dataset you need but know the metrics and attributes, use the Search by Name or Attribute function.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your account.Didn't find your account?
Click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down and follow the on-screen prompts. You can also go to the Authorizers tab and click on Add New Service.
- Name your data source and select your metrics and attributes. Please keep in mind that metrics and attributes depend on the selected dataset.
- Configure your snapshotting preferences. Choose your sync frequency or the exact synchronization time under Show advanced settings.DATADDO TIP
If you need to load historical data, please refer to the Data Backfilling article.
- Preview your data by clicking on the Test Data button in the top right corner. You can adjust the date range for a more specific time frame.
- Click on Save and congratulations, your new data source is ready!
Historical Data Load
Please note that due to the Google My Business API limitation, you can load data only up to 14 months back. For more information on how to load historical data, refer to the article on data backfilling.
Reviews per Location
Please note that due to the Google My Business API limitation, you can extract up to 50 reviews per location.
Data Preview Unavailable
If there is no data preview after clicking on Test Data, there might be a problem with your source configuration. The most common causes are:
- Date range: Try a smaller date range. You can load the rest of your data afterward through our manual data load function.
- Insufficient permissions: Please make sure your authorized account has at least admin-level permissions.
- Invalid metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: You may not have any data for the selected metrics, attributes, or breakdowns.
- Incompatible combination of metrics, attributes, or breakdowns: The combination you have selected cannot be queried together. Please refer to the service's documentation to view a full list of metrics that can be included in the same source.
Fresh Data Unavailable
Google takes between 24 – 72 hours to process data which is why it’s possible to get data only from 3 days ago or older.
You may get fresh data from Google Analytics 4 but keep in mind that it might not be the finalized version.
No Locations Insights
When you select Google My Business' Locations dataset, Dataddo will list all locations that are available under the account, regardless of their visibility.
However, if the location is not visible, although listed, there will be no insights available.
Please double check if these locations
- are visible in your Google My Busineess UI,
- are visible in your Google Maps, and
- have been approved and published online.
Now that you have successfully created a data source, see how you can connect your data to a dashboarding app or a data storage.