Automatic Data Synchronization
Dataddo Instagram Ads Connector gives you the ability to sync your data automatically in hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
Available Ad Metrics
To see ad metrics related to Instagram Ads:
Go to Ads Manager.
Click on the campaign name that contains the ad you'd like to see ad metrics for.
Click View Charts
You should see a section at the top that includes Performance, Demographics, Placement, and Delivery data. Click Placement. If you selected Instagram as a placement, you should see it listed.
NOTE: Depending on the objective you chose, you'll see different results available. For example, if you created a Page post engagement ad, you'll see how many post engagements your Instagram ad has received as well as total reach. You can also view the Amount Spent and Cost per Result to understand how your budget is being allocated.
You can view additional metrics related to Instagram from the table at the bottom of the same page.
- In the table at the bottom of the page, click Breakdown, and select Placement from the list. You should now see a line item called Instagram that shows Feed or Story and Mobile.
- To view specific metrics related to Instagram, look at the metrics listed next to Instagram.
If you'd like to see more results directly related to Instagram, click the Columns dropdown. You can choose additional columns from the list or click Customize Columns to add additional ad metrics to the table.
All limitations for API calls for the Graph API are available here.
Metric and Ad Recall Data May Not Match
The problem with reach and ad recall metrics is that these metrics cannot be simply summed to get the totals for longer periods. The reason for this is that these metrics are measuring the daily unique users, who either see your ad (reach) or will remember the ad (ad recall). It is not possible to get data for a specific period and keep aggregating them.
- One option is to get the daily breakdown and then the daily values will match, but not when summing over more days.
- The second solution is to get the data weekly or monthly and again, these weekly/monthly values will match Facebook exactly.
- The way to achieve this is to create a new source and then a new flow with the particular breakdown (for example, source and flow with daily breakdowns/synchronizations)
Read more about the metrics, why the data may not be matching here.
How to Create a New Data Source
- Sign in to your Dataddo account and click on Sources at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Source in the top right corner.
- From the list of sources, choose Instagram Ads. You can type the name of the connector into the search bar to find it faster.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your Account connected to Dataddo, Ads Account, Campaign, and Ad Set. Click on Next to continue with the setup.
- Didn't find your account?
If you want to connect a new account that is not on the list, click on Add new Account at the bottom of the drop-down. You will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page to confirm the right account. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the Dataddo app.
- Authorize your account
If you have not authorized your Account with Dataddo, click on Add new Account and you will be redirected to the authorization/sign-in page.
After you log in and give Dataddo the necessary permissions to access your data, you will be redirected back to the connector.
- Didn't find your account?
Choose a Name for your Data Source, select the Reporting Level, Metrics, the Attributes. To continue to the next page, click Next.
NOTE: The Metrics depend on the Reporting Level.
- The next page is optional. You can fill in Time Breakdown and Optional Breakdown. If you are not sure what to select in this step, we recommend you skip to the next one. Click on Next to continue.
NOTE: *If the Data range is available to select, you can load historical data. Read more in our guide.
Before saving the source, you can see a preview of your data by clicking on the Preview button. You can adjust the date range to a more specific view.
Also, you can see the full list of the metrics you selected by clicking on Show all Metrics and attributes, in the left navigation.
* Broken View / Error Message
If you cannot see a preview of your data, go back a few steps and check your setup. The most common causes are:
- Date range - we recommend a smaller date range. If you need to load historical data, check our guide.
- Invalid metrics, attributes or breakdowns, or their combination - you may not have any values for them.
- Click on Save and your new Data Source is ready.